Saturday, September 5, 2009
Parent Day Out aka school
Yesterday was Anthony's first day at Parents Day Out at a local church. We prepped him a few days before hand telling him he was going to "school" and he would need to share and play with all the kids, not just cousin Brooklyn who is also in the class. From the minute he woke up, he was asking if it was time to go to "tool" yet. I would give him little deadlines, like, after we change your diaper, after you eat your pancakes, etc. He was in high gear for all these little tasks, something he never does on a normal day. He usually spends 45 minutes tasting each delicate morsel of his pancakes and yesterday it took maybe 2 1/2 minutes to wolf them all down. After his jobs were done, we loaded Jack in the car and did a mini photo shoot outside our house. At "school" we waited in the parking lot for both grandma's and two aunts and one cousin to show up. We took more pictures until we were told "dat'th nufff momma" by the prince. He practically ran into the building, we signed in, and he tried to go in the 5 classrooms before we made it to his. He threw his backpack off and ran in the class. No goodbye, no tears, didnt even notice I left. I am so proud of him. I never wanted a kid who was so clingy and never wanted to try new things. (Although I did get one and his name is Jack aka the beast). The day went smoothly for Anthony, not quite as much for Jack and I. Jack decided he didnt like the idea of PDO so he refused to take a nap at all yesterday, but he chose to be pleasant, so I suppose it's a trade off. I am starting to seriously rethink my homeschooling decision when I saw how happy he was to be with other kids and teachers. I'm counting the days till next Friday..maybe I'll be more productive if Jack will let me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Two words: Homeschool Coop
ReplyDelete(I've taught at one for the past few years and it's really great, I hope to send my kids there in the future).
I'm glad he had a great first day of PDO!